Monday, April 12, 2010

A Delicate Topic

I have a formspring account, you all know this. Well someone, anonymously, posted a couple things quite mean. I could have opted to simply delete them, and forget it ever happened, but I chose to leave it there and respond to them. Someone posted "I think your disgusting." I have tried not to let it bother me, but it has a bit. It makes me wonder why people are so mean. They were obviously a 'friend' on Facebook to have even seen the link to my Formspring. Thus leading me to the conclusion that people send friend requests not because it's a genuine outreach for communication, but because they want to spy on my life, and criticize all that I am. Ouch. :\

Here's how I feel... I try not to be mean to ANYONE, because it's MEAN to do that. It's negative, and ugly. That's not the kind of life or personality that I'd want to associate with. I try my hardest to bring life and joy to everywhere I go. I'm blessed that being joyful comes naturally to me. And apparently, some people can't handle it. They want to bring me down and hurt me. That SUCKS. I'm a strong girl, but I'm human. I have a heart, and it is open to all emotions, including pain. I know that I HAVE to understand that joy wouldn't be joy without understanding pain (like one of my previous posts explained), but it still sucks.

A seed was planted,
But the earth is unreceptive.
It shall not be given life,
A tree it will NEVER be.

With kindness and love for you all,
Sophia


3 comments:

  1. You're better than them. Don't let it get to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those lame-o people better watch out. No body treats my best friend badly. I got your back. You are amazing! You're sweet, kind, beautiful, an amazing mother, an amazing best friend, you always are considerate and polite, you always put a smile on my face and all those around you, you are a brilliant student and an awesome employee, and a one of a kind gem that I'm so proud of and so happy that I get to be your best friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yah, stopping to smell the deuce, or worse, taking it with you to smell later... is definitely not doing anyone any favors, heh.

    but on a serious note, i've learned that some people have very deep hurt / burns in their life and tearing down others is the only way they know how to defend their life or feel good about themselves. it seems they often have deep-seated insecurities about their own worth/value and can often hate on themselves a lot. it's like they feel that criticizing / tearing down what people say is "good" makes them feel better and worth more. (but healthy people build/help others when there's a legit problem.) in the end, those are the people that need the most love/acceptance... which can be an epic challenge. i suspect that's what jesus had in mind when he spoke of giving love to our enemies (*details* *details*)... even though it hurts for us, it shorts out the pain mechanism in them. in the end, effectively helping them will save others from pain... and it's probably for our own sanity too because there are too many people that suck and harboring grudges against them all really damages everything in one's life.

    ReplyDelete